Tuesday, November 07, 2006

CEDAR LEIDIGH

Cedar Leidigh is the most interesting person I know. Not only that, in the event of an atomic bomb attack and all civilization as we know it is wiped out, he is the one person who will know what to do. Cedar has survival skills. He also draws scary stuff.

He is one of my all time favorite people. We met in school and have had many adventures since. Cedar and I have metal-detected in playgrounds and found sand and bullets, we have built things, we have drawn things, painted things, watched weird movies and the like.

Cedar now has a MySpace page and blog--

I could try and describe to you Cedar but I am not that good. His words will have to speak for himself:

"Yes, as promiced here is the first of many adventures, most never shared with the world befor, now cast into cyberspace.

When I was nine I got a Barlow knife form my Grandpa, (Tom Sawers knife, I proudly told all who would listen) My parents thought it was cool, so I caried that thing around in my pocket for the next few years. I cut my self badly, many times, but that is all part of growing up and good ol Mom would just tape my wounds closed and send me on my way. I cut bows and swords and cleaned countless fish with my knife. It now lies gathering dust in a drawer some were back home. With that knife I carved a sword from a stick of wood and then walked miles away from home at all times of year, with only that and my knife as portection. Now I see children who are that age(9-10) and think, good gravy, what was I doing out wandering at that size? The first bear that came along could have had me for dinner. But I rember thinking at the time that if I did run into a bear I would kick its butt. I was confident that I could kill anything with a wooden sword and a pen knife. Sadly my over confidece has only grown stronger with age."

Visit early and often. You can bet I will.

5 comments:

frgodbeyjr said...

Cory, I was wondering if you could ask Courtney to unblock me. Tell her I will only make positive comments. I know you won't reply, but there's no reason for her to block me from commeneting on her site. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cory, we have indeed had the adventures have we not? And there are more to be had. I have high hopes for my blog, thanks for getting the word out.

Cory Godbey said...

to Johnny: dude man! I am pleased for your making of a blog-- I commented on it. Glad to hear from you man.

Hey, email me and I'll update you what is in the works for Lily and "The Book of Curious Events".... it's going to be big... or small

* * *

to frgodbeyjr:
It's her choice. I'm not the boss of her.
Maybe you need to not air your laundry on my comments for everyone to read.

I'll leave it up but you got to know that people don't really come here for drama.

They go to the movies for drama.

Or eat cereal for drama.

Cory Godbey said...

and to Cedar: you are my hero.

Anonymous said...

thanks Cory,